Location: Heart, chest, arms
Element: Air (Libra, Aquarius, Gemini)
The Heart Chakra is located at the center of the chest and is associated with love, compassion, relationships, forgiveness, understanding, peace and harmony. It is at the heart that mind, body, and spirit are balanced.
If blocked or unbalanced, one can become insecure, distrusting, bitter, holding grudges, guarded with feelings or clingy and needy in relationships. Other physical results can be asthma, heart disease, depression, lung disease, and high blood pressure.
If unblocked and running smoothly, one is accepting of self and others, and able to effortlessly connect with others. When open, one is able to let go of past hurts and be joyful, generous, and forgiving.
Below are some ways to help unblock and balance the Heart Chakra with yoga postures, breathing techniques, aromas, crystals, and items to set up on an altar for your practice or daily life.
• Child's Pose
• Triangle Pose
• Camel Pose
• Upward Facing Dog
• Cobra Pose
• Bow Pose
• Fish Pose
• Bridge Pose
• Clapping (clapping is very beneficial for the heart & lungs)
• Diaphragmatic Breath
• Three Part Breath
• Heart Breath
• Rose Quartz
• Green Jade
• Orris Root
• Rose Oil
Items (for altar):
• Represent love, compassion, and elements of air
• Symbols of love; photos
• Green objects; green cloth, green candles
• Archetype of love; Aphrodite
- Write a letter to ourselves (or someone else) that does not need to be sent
- Expressing what is on our hearts ^
- Healthy coping mechanisms
- Confide in a trustworthy person
- Hug a special person or animal