Chakra is the Sanskrit term for “wheel”, or circle, movement, vortex.
The Chakras are circles of life force energy at certain areas in the body, which control the circulation of this energy that flows throughout the body. There are many different Chakras throughout the body.
However, there are seven main Chakras which represent the sacred points of energy in the body that carry us on to greater awareness. These points are located from the base of the spine to the top of the head, and relate to specific areas of the body that when open, cause us to become in a complete state of bliss with our inner being.
Each are affiliated with a certain element, color, aroma, and body part. If any of these Chakras become blocked, it can cause physical and mental illnesses. Reiki is one way of atunement and can help to align, open, and strengthen these Chakras.
The Seven Chakras
Starting from the top of head to the base of spine (as shown in picture above) click on each chakra listed below to learn more.
7. Crown Chakra – Divine wisdom/purpose, enlightenment, bliss
6. Third Eye Chakra – Intuition, clairvoyance, inner vision
5. Throat Chakra – Communication, self-expression, independence
4. Heart Chakra – Love, relationships, forgiveness
3. Solar Plexus Chakra – Confidence, ego, social interaction
2. Sacral Chakra – Emotions, sexuality, sensuality
1. Root Chakra – Grounding, trust, survival, security